No place shows us the capacity for renewal like Africa. In the last few days I had a clear idea of this when I witnessed:
1. The fantastic weather in March.
2. Young giraffes in the reserve that we cross to get to Ponta do Ouro.
3. The first leopard in Gorongosa in 14 years!!!
4. Three months of incredible freedom!!!
5. The works in the church that finally seem to move forward.
6. Knowing that I am happy and will be happy whatever happens in the near future.
7. Although the new neighbors evoke the Gaza Strip, the truth is that I am the exception in an area where embassies, diplomats and government officials predominate. Until when can I fight the tide? This is a very interesting challenge.
8. It was good to know that I could easily dance in public, even if I would have trouble in getting my legs up or proclaiming the size of a woman’s (or a man’s) organ.
This capacity for innovation makes us feel strong and capable of facing the toughest trials. Africa is a woman, although for bizarre reasons some insist on considering it neutral. Long live the extraordinary women of Africa!